Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Who can afford gas these days

Whether its a good idea or not remains to be seen. I've decided to better train the body and mind for upcoming multi-day races by running down to Lethbridge for the Lost Soul 100 miler then run home after. It's a 170 km run down over two days from Okotoks stopping in Claresholm to overnight then race the most difficult 100 miler around then 170 kms back home again overnighting in Claresholm. The task being made much more difficult given the recent heat wave and forest fire smoke thicker then a bowl of oatmeal.

In advance i'd like to thank all my friends on the Lost Soul FB page for stopping along the highway and helping me out along the way by feeding me and keeping me watered as I plan to do this unsupported. The closer I get to the race start on Friday the more I'm doubting my abilities to run well on the Lost Soul race course. I mean if you are realistic what are the chances after running 180kms over two days I could toe the line on September 8th and crush a hundo, chances are slim but I'm super interested to first hand find out what happens.

It'll be super imortant to fuel extremely well when running and keep the pace very reasonable like 5:30min/km. I plan to eat my body weight in food everynight when my run is done. Ice baths and self massage will be key to keeping the body okay.

Most of everyone I know hates hates running on highways I really enjoy it. I find it a mindless activity that mimics staring at a wall and day dreaming. With all the social media and instant gratification around now I feel my mind craves to be shut off and performing super simple tasks.

Since I'm the husband of the year and decided to race on Sharon's birthday (sorry baby),Sharon won't be able to crew me as she will be going for dinner and getting lit with friends. I'm super excited to be crewed by my great friend Stephanie Gillis-Paulgaard. I'm really hoping I don't pout too much around her and she isn't too annoyed with me by the end that she still wants to remain friends.

No comments: